Your First Visit:
When you schedule your appointment at Beyond Physio, new patient forms will be emailed to you. For your initial visit, please bring these forms completed. Please read the forms carefully and fill them out to the best of your ability. The details you provide will help establish a profile of who you are and where you would like to be. They will also enable Emiliana Blagoeva to identify existing imbalances and create an individualized comprehensive treatment plan.
Please bring a list of your current medications (including over-the-counter drugs, supplements, herbs) and any test results (MRI, X-rays, blood work, etc.) that you have.
If you have other important medical information you think is relevant, please also bring it with you to your appointment.
If a physician or other healthcare professional has referred you, please bring contact information for that provider, so that (with your permission, and if appropriate) we can send progress reports that will help enhance your overall treatment regimen and care.
For your initial assessment, wear comfortable loose clothing. If you have a knee, hip or back problem, please bring shorts. Female patients should wear tank tops if shoulder, upper back or neck is treated
Your Treatment Plan
Once we complete your initial assessment, we will design an individualized treatment plan to address your symptoms and improve your health issues. The treatment plan will include:
- Explanation of your health problem according to both western and eastern medicine
- Types of treatments recommended
- Your timeline of care
- Custom designed home exercise program
- Individualized advice on lifestyle, sleep and nutrition
A key point to keep in mind: You are an active partner in your healthcare. Research shows that patients compliant with their home exercise programs demonstrate better treatment outcomes.
Each treatment session starts with a brief assessment of symptoms and progress since the last visit. The type of physiotherapy and/or acupuncture therapy may be modified as the treatment progresses. Follow-up visits usually require 30-45 minutes.
Preparing for Your Appointment
- Refrain from overexertion, smoking, recreational drugs or alcohol prior to and for at least 6 hours after your appointment
- Follow your treatment plan and perform your home exercise program between visits
- Keep all of your appointments as each subsequent session builds upon the previous ones
Most of the physiotherapy and acupuncture services are covered by extended health plans. We do not process insurance, but we are happy to provide a proper receipt for you to submit to your insurance company. You may want to check in advance with your insurance provider to determine your treatment coverage.
Cancellations and Rescheduling
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, we will appreciate a 48 hours cancellation notice. Missed appointments and last-minute cancellations will be charged the full appointment fee
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you may be rescheduled to ensure timely treatment of other patients and a missed appointment fee will be charged.
- There is no charge for inclement weather cancellations or for severe illness cancellations. Most minor illnesses (headaches, allergies, etc.) will benefit from therapy. If you are not sure if you should keep your appointment due to illness, please contact us via text message.
- In the event of inclement weather clinic closure, you will be contacted to reschedule your appointment.